It is time to show off some bravado this week. I’ve never cooked fish before, I’ll be experimenting with prawns (simplest of all) today. I’ll be making Prawns Masala.
- Prawns (obvious)
- Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 table spoon of Rice flour (do not know how it adds on to the taste, I did not want to meddle with the suggested recipe, so keeping it)
- 5 Green Chillies (being sane this time)
- 3 Onions
- Salt (as per taste)
- 1 tablespoon of Coriander powder
- 1/2 table spoon of turmeric powder
- 2 table spoons of Chili powder (again trying to be sane)
- First of all clean the prawns.
- Chop onions and Green Chillies.
- Take ginger paste as per taste and quantity of prawns.
- Add some curds to it, as per taste.
- Salt again as per taste.
- Sprinkle some rice flour on the paste.
- Add Chilli powder, Coriander powder and turmeric powder to the paste and mix well.
- Then marinate the prawns in the paste for 1/2 an hour.
- Then heat some oil in the pan and fry the chopped onions and Green Chillies well. (Curry leaves can be added while frying)
- Now put the paste in pan and add little water.
- Heat it for 10 mins with regular sauteing.
And wallah, the Prawns Masala is ready :).
Further It could be garnished with coriander leaves and tomatoes. I din’t have any of those, no garnishing in my case.
An after thought : Garnishing would have made it look more aesthetic.
I do not like a lot of ginger, I found the ginger garlic a bit too strong for my taste. However this is my first time and it was not at all bad.
woohoo !! Mission Accomplished